Keto fish and chips
Dinner time!!!!Being on Keto doesn't mean missing all your favorite dishes! Let's swap breadcrumbs with almond meal, and potatoes with avocado,carrots and zucchini and there we are! Keto fish and chips!
Here is the recipe:
1 tablespoon pouring cream
155g (1 1/2 cups) almond meal (flour)
40g (1/2 cup) finely grated Parmesan cheese
Finely grated rind of 1 large lemon
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
2 large zucchini, cut into long wedges
2 carrots, cut into long wedges
4 x 125g skinless firm white fish fillets
80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
Mixed salad leaves, to serve
Lemon wedges, to serve
1.Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. Whisk the eggs, cream and 1 tbs water together in a large shallow bowl. Combine the almond meal, cheese, rind, parsley and chilli flakes (if using) in a shallow bowl. Season.
3. Halve each avocado, remove stone, peel away skin and cut each into 6-8 wedges.Cut zucchini on half and than into wedges. Cut carrots into wedges.
4. Working one piece at a time, coat a piece of avocado in the egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off, then coat in the almond meal mixture. Repeat with the remaining avocado, the zucchini the carrots and the fish. Spread the avocado and zucchini evenly over prepared tray. Place fish on a plate, cover and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to rest.
5. Spray the avocado and zucchini generously with oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
6. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook fish for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and crisp. Serve fish and chips with salad leaves and lemon wedges.